DATTA ACT supports the profession with leadership and professional development activities that includes curriculum support for classroom activities and membership services. The Design and Technology Teachers Association ACT was officially registered as an Incorporated Association on 20th May 1987.
In conjunction with DATTA Australia, DATTA ACT and all affiliated state Associations across Australia takes on the responsibility for:
- working collaboratively across jurisdictions and engaging with key professional bodies to support and enhance the implementation and development of technologies curriculum
- promoting and supporting rigorous professional standards for the teaching of the new Technologies curriculum Beginning Years to Year 12
- fostering and driving high quality professional development for teachers and school leaders in relation to Technologies curriculum.
DATTA ACT continually consults with education providers from primary, secondary and tertiary institutes to stay well-informed of current and relevant curriculum issues to inform our membership. We take pride in liaising with educational institutions involved in teacher education and training to enhance Technology Education. This is carried out by;
- Consulting and work in a co-operative manner with the Department of Education and Training, ACT Curriculum & Assessment, Board of Senior Secondary Studies Authority & other relevant independent authorities on matters related to Technology Education
- Consulting and work in a co-operative manner with industry, community and government organisations when required to enhance Technology Education.